The guts to be original
We want to make stuff. We want to live a creative life while still making a living. What's the best path to achieve that dream?
We want to make stuff. We want to live a creative life while still making a living.
What's the best path to achieve that dream?
So often we try to follow those that have gone before us. But if you've tried that, you know it doesn't work. To succeed, we really need to forge our own path.
- Our success is going to look different than those that have gone before us.
- Finding success is messy.
- The way to find success is to be unique; to do things differently than they've done before.
Once you give up this idea that the path is set for you, it becomes freeing. Now you know it's up to you. You have the autonomy and the freedom to find your own way.
- Kevin Kelly at XOXO 2014
- Social SMS experiment #3
- Usborne Spy Handbook
- Podcasts are trying lofts of different business models (Gimlet's here, RelayFM here)
Today's launch: a Secret Club for Makers
The idea for us to have an outlet: to escape the monotony of serious work, and make fun things together.
- You'll get a weekly maker mission (like this and this and this). It's like going on a creative coffee break.
- You'll get access to member profiles. Connect & collaborate with other makers from all over the world.
- You'll get secret maker society swag in the mail. This includes the exclusive SMS badge and stickers.
- Plus tons of other goodies I can't talk about now.
Have fun. Get help launching your serious projects.
Want to be a part of the beta? There's 10 spots available.
Go to: megamaker.co/secret